Thursday, September 22, 2016

Multimedia Development


I am a Band Dad.  There is nothing better that being outside on a Friday night watching the Clay High School Fighting Eagles Marching Band take the field.  

When I designed my Thinglink page, I wanted to make a simple easy to follow page that showed off all of the school bands' great talent.  By doing so, I also appealed to the Spatial and Naturalist intelligences in a few ways.  

I appealed to Naturalist Intelligence by including a picture of the band outside on the field performing as well as link to their most recent performance.  I also appealed to this intelligence by including a google maps link to show how to get to Clay High School's stadium.  I feel this appeals to the naturalist intelligence because google maps allows you to view the map as a satellite image and you can see the rolling farm land surrounding the school as well as get to a street level view and see all of the nature surrounding the area from eye level.

As far as the Spatial Intelligence goes, I think the marching band video allows the viewer to picture in their minds how this massive band of nearly 200 students and create amazing formations on the fields. The symphonic and jazz band videos are fairly static, but the arrangement of the bands also have spatial characteristics by how they are arranged on the stage.  This included the geometric curve of the large symphonic and the straight lines of the smaller jazz band.  It still blows my mind that they were able to comfortably seat 200 students on that small high school theatre stage.  

No comments:

Post a Comment